cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX882 New Printhead won't print PGBK at all ...

tortuga
Apprentice

I replaced my MX882 printhead with a brand new CANON along with new cartridges.  All colors print fine except the PGBK will not print out a thing.  I tried reinserting, cleaning, etc.  No luck.  The printer was printing fine just before the old printhead stopped altogether.

There are no error messages.  What should I do?  Can anyone help me?

I checked the peel-away strip on the cartridge and it's been properly removed.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi tortuga,

Since the cleanings did not resolve the issue, performing a print head alignment on the printer may get the black ink to print.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MX882 Print Head Alignment

If the black ink still does not print after performing the alignment, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried a print head alignment and PGBK still doesnt print.  As Im seeing this is a common problem with this printer... what do I do now..?

I had the same problem - ultimately I just put in a new one of the fat black cartridges and it fixed the problem.  I think it was just a case of buying a bad set of the refills on eBay.

If you don't have a refill handy, a temporary fix if you're dealing with a WORD document or any document where you can change the color of the text - just change the text from black to dark grey and the color printing will print your page in dark grey.

Len

ctowner1
Apprentice

I have the same problem - black won't print.  I checked my black cartridge in a friend's printer (same exact printer) and it works fine.  I tried head alignment, etc.  any help?

Len [MOD NOTE: Email address removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

I'm having the same problem...  MX882 won't print PGBK anymore.

Announcements