cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 won't scan

Dorba1
Apprentice

I'm using Windows 10.  I changed my setup from WiFi to wired LAN (due to the fact that I had to keep getting up and cycle the power on and off just to print)  (it did scan before)  and ran the setup program.  The printer prints fine with no problems but when I try to scan I get the following message from Canon MP Navigator but don't see any error codes on printer.

Cannot Communicate with scanner for these reasons:

Scanner is turned off

Scanner is diconnected

It is disconnected from LAN , if using Lan

Please check and try again

Code 5,145,60

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dorba1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dorba1,

Since you changed the setup from wifi to wired LAN, check to see which printer option is selected by MP navigator. If it is still set for wireless network, that could be why the scanner driver is not communicating with the printer. Please click HERE for a article that will show you where to look in MP Navigator.

If that does not resolve the issue, you can try removing the printer/scanner driver and then reinstall it. Please click HERE for the driver page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dorba1,

Since you changed the setup from wifi to wired LAN, check to see which printer option is selected by MP navigator. If it is still set for wireless network, that could be why the scanner driver is not communicating with the printer. Please click HERE for a article that will show you where to look in MP Navigator.

If that does not resolve the issue, you can try removing the printer/scanner driver and then reinstall it. Please click HERE for the driver page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That fixed my problem - thanks much!  Looking at "Preferences" in MP Navigator, under "Product Name", the wrong network MAC address was listed.  Selecting the correct MAC address fixed the problem. 

I'd tried reinstalling MX870 drivers, Canon MP Navigator software, LAN cables, and with multiple accesses to Netgear C7100V gateway without success, before finding this solution.  Wish I'd checked here first!

Announcements