cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 to be unused for months

WaltCulver
Contributor

I have an MX870 and will not be using it for some time -- months at least.  Of course I will turn it off and pull the power plug,  What else should I do? (I still have the wrappings from when I opened the box.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi WaltCulver,

Please feel free to store the printer in the box that the printer came in if you still have it; however, please do not store or transport the printer vertically or slanted, as the machine may become damaged or ink may leak from the machine.

When disconnecting the power cord from the printer, please follow these steps:

1. Press the ON button on the machine to turn it off.

2. Make sure that all lamps on the Operation Panel are not lit.

3. Disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet.

If you press the ON button to turn off the power, the machine caps the Print Head (nozzles) automatically to prevent from drying.  If you disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet before all lamps on the Operation Panel are turned off, the Print Head will not be capped properly and this will cause drying or clogging.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi WaltCulver,

Please feel free to store the printer in the box that the printer came in if you still have it; however, please do not store or transport the printer vertically or slanted, as the machine may become damaged or ink may leak from the machine.

When disconnecting the power cord from the printer, please follow these steps:

1. Press the ON button on the machine to turn it off.

2. Make sure that all lamps on the Operation Panel are not lit.

3. Disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet.

If you press the ON button to turn off the power, the machine caps the Print Head (nozzles) automatically to prevent from drying.  If you disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet before all lamps on the Operation Panel are turned off, the Print Head will not be capped properly and this will cause drying or clogging.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona - Thanks for the input.  I saw in another venue that I should run a test page about once a month to keep the ink from drying out. 

Do you recommend that also?

Announcements