cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 prints blank pages from computer or using copy function.

Pete1944
Contributor

Just a blank page come out.  Spray test pattern good, so printer heads not clogged, I believe.  Since copy function printing(?) blank pages, I believe the problem is in the printer not the external computer. 

This is an older printer I borrowed from my daughter while I wait for my household goods to arrive in about two weeks.  Sure would like to get it to work so i can print or copy now.  Anybody got any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS are you using?

Have you confirmed the printer is using the correct driver?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

OS 11.0.2. Not sure how to check for or how to update printer driver.
Can you provide help on that?

Canon says no drivers for my OS, but may be within my computer.  But, the fact that the printer cannot even print using the copy function suggests to me the problem is within the printer and not with anything external to the printer.  I believe if I can get the printer to copy a page, instead of giving e a blank page, I will solve this problem.

I agree with what you are saying about the copy function.  Thats not something we can help diagnose over the internet.  The printer should be able to perform the copy operation independently.  One other thing to check.  Try changing the printing protocol under the printer preferences.  If using bonjour for example..  change to IPP and retest. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

How do I change the priner protocol?   Is that under the "Setup" button?  Don't know how to do that.

bygone
Apprentice

Also aligned print heads. Replaced all ink cartridges so are all full. Also cleaned sheet rollers. Out of guesses.

@Pete1944wrote:

Just a blank page come out.  Spray test pattern good, so printer heads not clogged, I believe.  Since copy function printing(?) blank pages, I believe the problem is in the printer not the external computer. 

This is an older printer I borrowed from my daughter while I wait for my household goods to arrive in about two weeks.  Sure would like to get it to work so i can print or copy now.  Anybody got any ideas?

Hi bygone,

Please print a nozzle check pattern:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

2. Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

3. Press the Paper Feed Switch to select the paper source where you have loaded paper.

4. To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1. Press the Menu button.

4-2. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button. The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-3. Select Nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button. The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-4. Select Yes and then press the OK button.

Does the test page that you printed match this example:

MX870 Nozzle Check.jpg

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements