cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 printer.

ncalgal
Apprentice

Until recently, I could print from the platen (the glass top of the printer).  Now to print something, I scan to email, then print email.

What adjustment to I need to make for the printer to print when placing something on the glass?

7 REPLIES 7

ncalgal
Apprentice

MX870 will not print anything placed on the glass.  It always has until recently.  To get a print out, I scan the item to email, then print the email.

PLEASE.....ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET THE PRINTER FUNCTIONING AGAIN.

THANK YOU.

Hello.

If you are attempting to perform a copy directly from the platen glass of the printer, please press the COPY button on the unit.  Once the item is on the glass and the lid has been closed, please press the BLACK or COLOR start buttons to begin the copy.

Do any errors occur when you attempt to perform a copy directly from the unit?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This appears in read-out..."Prevent paper abrasion has been set.  Do you want to continue to print?  Yes/No?"  I press black or color  to start.  

It proceeds to feed paper from the REAR, not the front cassette, and it takes MINUTES to print from that paper feed.

I started the print when I began to write this, and it still has not finished.  Still printing.  Still.  Still.  Still.    Still.  You get the message.  

I notice it also prints slowly when printing emails.  My God, it's still printing.  It has been minutes.  FINALLY.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  I'M AT MY WITS END.

CAROL

I recently pirchased a used MX870 printer.  Prints docs, email, scans fine from cassette.  However, I want to print 1 copy from platon using paper from cassette.  Instead receive message to place paper in rear tray.  This takes several minutes to print, then prints in sepia not black.  How to I change settings to print black from cassette when using platen? 

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mydesign4u
Contributor
I have the exact issue, did you find out what to do???

Mydesign4u
Contributor
I have that exact issue, did you find out what to do???
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements