cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 printer says to unplug and contact service center

ChadMiller
Apprentice

Our Cannon MX870 all in one printer says printer error has occurred unplug the power cord and contact the service center. Any suggestions

11 REPLIES 11

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi ChadMiller, thanks for posting!   In order to allow the Community to better help with your question, we'll need some more information from you.

What exact computer operating system are you using? Once we have this information,  the Community will be better able to help get you up and printing again!

Using a New Dell Computer with Windows 8

Julius
Rising Star

Hi ChadMiller, if you have unplugged the printer for at least 10 minutes, and the error remains, the unit may require service.  Do you have an error number or code on the display screen of the printer itself?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please feel free to click on the following link:  Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Different customer but same problem.  B200 message appears. When the printer is open, the print carriage does not move to an area where the ink cartridges and print head can be accessed.

This happened immediately after a new print head was installed. The old one would not print any black ink and there was a large residue of black ink on the bottom of the print head. The old head was cleaned by soaking in shallow liquid many times but to no avail. When the old, dried, cleaned print head was reinstalled (several times) the printer always started OK but still would not print black. When the new print head was installed is when the B200 message appeared.

I would like a solution that economically allows me to get the printer to start again. Is this printer engineered well enough to provide for a quick reset button or something like that?

If you are going to tell me to take it to a service center then advise me as to the location of a service center in the Philadelphia, PA area. Please advise also as the approximate basic charge for a service center to do a look-see of a printer.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hello mmcloone,

If the B200 error remains after unplugging the printer for at least 10 minutes, it may require service. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with our technical support department, who can advise you of all options you have. They can be reached at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi!

I am experiencing the same problem... I turned on my printer and it says, B200 Printer error has occured. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center. I did like what's been suggested... I uplugged the cord and waited for more than 10 minutes and still displays the same notification.

I hope to get a response from you soon!

Angelica  

tommyshots
Apprentice

I have the same message on my MX880, right after I switched to Windows 10.

Never did solve the MX870 problem. New printers being as cheap as they are and service costs being as high as they are, it was cheaper and easier to get a new printer. Good luck with resolving the problem.

Announcements