cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 printer and Mac mini M1

tc4all
Apprentice

So as I have tried and failed then read here, Cannon no longer supports this printer (really a shame) and I am up the creek.  So I am really stuck in returning this MacMini and getting a windows laptop or keeping this MacMini and getting a new all in one printer (which at this point I doubt will be a Cannon).  Am I right that these are my only choices?  Is Cannon not even offering a significant price discount on a new printer since it is there doing to not make drivers for this one which, until now, has worked perfectly?  Anyone know of anything that could help?

1 REPLY 1

Mkb623
Apprentice

Are you saying that your MINI is not recognizing the cannon printer?

I used it for a very long time with other Macs.Which OS is your mini on? I have an Air and it is on OS Catalina 10.15.7 and still worked. I bought a TR7500 series to replace mine. It was still functioning but not well - I'd had for years and years it was ending it's useful life - the apps and software worked though and I imagine would still work. My biggest aggravation was not being able to airprint. I would also have to babysit it to ensure the paper fed correctly.

Announcements