cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX860 driver version: no grayscale

kdcannon
Apprentice

I installed a new version of the driver for this printer; prints just fine but only printing in black / gray is not an option Anywhere I can find...

any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, kdcannon!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ah right, cross platform:

Mac OS, which I know you don't support. (I know Cannon wants us to throw out these perfectly good working machines, add to the waste stream, put more plastic in the environment, AND spend more money but...not doing that yet.)

10.14.6 but I've found I can keep using the printer if I don't own up to having a newer OS.

How do I find out the ## of the installed driver? I tossed the install image; so can't access that.

Hello Kdcannon,

The MX860 does not have drivers for 10.14 and you would not be able to run a driver install for any of the older versions of the driver. You can usually connect and print using a generic driver connection. Without the Canon specific drivers you would not have many printer features. You can check if the printer is set to plain paper and you can try selecting the Mac's black and white option using the steps in the link provided HERE. If the option is not available, I would have to suggest a more current model that would have drivers for your OS.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements