cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX712 printer suddenly wont print. Gives a paper jam message. No paper jam.

Rednelo
Apprentice

My MX712 worked very well for the past 23 months. I had very little use, mostly scanning. I moved the printer to a new location and it stopped working. It gives me a paper jam message when there is no paper jam. I was able to get it to work by removing the paper tray and pulling the electrical plug out of the printer. The printer went through the motions of printing and copying but never did and then gave a paper jam message again. Can this printer be re set? How is that done when it goes into paper jam mode?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Rednelo,

Since you have already verified that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  Next, please perform a roller cleaning on the unit by following the steps located here.  

If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements