cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 and Windows 10

nigelcook
Apprentice

Installed Windows 10 and my MX700 no longer works.

There appear to be no available drivers, and the message from Canon is to upgrade my printer.

Really?

29 REPLIES 29

kirbypm
Apprentice
My MX700 prints fine since the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but the scanner no longer works.Have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and the drivers to no avail. My connection to the MX700 is through the network. I haven't tried to see if the scanner works through the USB connection. I really love this printer because of the dual paper input so I hate to be forced to get a new one. I wonder if anyone at Canon reads these posts.

Hi kirbypm!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Hello.

The MX700 is not compatible with the Windows 10 operating system.

For additional information regarding this, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

yep got it!!  Buy an hp printer...

Very disappointing that Canon is dumping on their support for MX700.   I will not be buying another Canon product.

Do you seriously expect anyone to buy another Canon printer after this?

Thank you Michael, product expert. Do you know of any good printer companies that don't purposely make their products obsolete? I'm thinking I will give HP a try since canon doesn't have that kind of customer satisfaction. Please let me know!

If it prints fine, for scanner functions, try the for-pay ($40 standard & $80 pro) Vuescan by Ed Hamrick. No personal connection, just a long-time Vuescan user. It gets the best out of nearly all scanners and all-in-ones out there.

ok, So I had the same issue where after unpgrading to windows 10 my scanner ceased to work but printer was perfectly fine. I even called Canon tech support, and as much help as the rep was able to give me, the only option he gave me was to just buy a new printer and that Canon would offer a discount on a used printer. FYI the used price is about the same as a brand new price on Amazon or other similar sites so, you could probably by-pass that step if you decided that is what you wanted to do.

Now, I sat at my computer troubleshooting this issue for roughly 3 hours. As I did not see any reason why a scanner would but unsupported after an OS update yet my OS was still seeing my MX700 scanner. I uninstalled and reinstalled to the most current Driver. Tech support told me to just install the basic driver and forgo the whole IJ Network suit. AND THERE IS WHOLE ISSUE.

They are only telling me/you to install half of the required software in order for the the scanner to operate correctly.

Now, lets try and get your scanners working again!

-Make sure you have completly uninstalled all the previous drivers. Restart and go to Canon Support page for the MX700.

-Make sure your printer is pluged in and turned on.

-Now under the OS that has been detected you are going to change the dected version and select your previous OS

that was upgraded from. I upgraded from Windows 7 x64bit, so I selected that option in the drop down menu.

-Under the "recommended Downloads" , download the "MX700 series Mini Master Setup", and install this first.  This will give you the Drivers and the IJ Network drivers and Tools.

-After that install you will get a setup results of what has been installed and what has not been.  I had my printer plugged into my network VIA ethernet cable and it was listed after the install of the "Mini Master Setup"  result page 

"Network Setup of the Scanner :
Completed
Name :
Canon MX700 ser_000085C49953"

To verify that you computer is seeing your scanner, go to the Device Manager / Imaging Devices and you should see "Canon MX700 ser Network"

-Now go over to the software tab on the Canon support page and downlod and install "MP Navigator EX Ver. 1.08" This is required in order for your scan to be transfered to your PC

Once that is complete, try scanning something, because my scanner started working perfectly fine right after that.  If it does not work for you, try a restart.  But as long as your scanner is being listed uder "imaging devices" Windows 10 should have no problems actually using it.

Hopefully that all works out for you guys!!

Announcements