cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 Horizontal Gaps when Printing from (PC and MAC) - Copying Function OK

BaronBomBurst
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a MX700 multifunction printer, and it's behaving oddly.  When I print from either a PC or MAC, I see horizontal blank gaps in what I'm trying to print.  The gaps are approximately 1/4" in height, across the the entire page.   Perhaps two to three of these gaps occur on a LTR sized page.     The odd thing is that if I use the copy function, it's fine.    New Canon Ink cartridges have been installed, and I ran through all the maintenance functions available under "Utilities" for the printer.

Additionally, I noticed the very top of the page, printed information is also missing,  perhaps that's the first horizontal gap?

Anyhow,  any thoughts?

Thanks, Roman...

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi BaronBomBurst!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Tiffany,

My MacBook Pro is running on MAC OS-X  10.9

My Dell Laptop is running Window 7 Pro  Service Pack 1

The Canon Driver version on my Mac is the latest.

Driver Version:10.72.1.0

Thanks and have a wonderful Day also,  Roman...   aka Baron

Ohh forgot to mention,  no Error's are being issued.     Here's a sample print out.

Thanks,  Roman....

Scan.jpeg

Hello.

Is the printer connected directly to one of the computers via USB or is it connected to your router with an ethernet cable?

For testing purposes, please try replacing the cable with a different one to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried USB, Ethernet and FAXing in a document.   All three print with the horizontal gaps.    The funny thing is that the copy (both color and blk/white) print out just fine.     I've run the available maintance functions serveral times, with no improvements.       I wound up purchasing another Canon Printer, because of being a need to print bind.   But would still like to get this one working, as I was very statisfied with it.

Thanks, Roman...

Hi BaronBomBurst,

The issue that you are having will require service at this point, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements