cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX522 half connected

elseedee
Apprentice

Greetings and salutations! I brought an old personal printer into work because the "official" printer is too far away for quick print jobs. I've connected my laptop and the MX522 to my phone hotspot and my laptop sees the printer and prints to it. However, the printer will not access "the internet." It fails to connect to do a firmware update, nor will it connect to Google Cloud Print. 

Help me, Obi-Wan! You're my only hope!

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello there elsedee,

Prior to trying to print via cloud print, did you register the printer with google cloud print? If not, please click HERE and scroll down until you see Registering the printer to Google Cloud Print.

If the printer successfully registers with Cloud Print, please try again. Also normally for a firmware, its best to be connected to a dedicated network. While Canon printers can connect and be used with Hot Spots, its not supported by Canon.

We look forward to your reply.

As I mentioned, the printer will not connect to Cloud Print. So I cannot print a URL to register the printer.

Hi elseedee,

The URL that prints is printed directly from the printer. It does not print from the Chromebook. Please click HERE and scroll down until you see Registering the printer to Google Cloud Print.  Below is from step 9:

(9) At the message that the printer will print the authentication URL, set A4 plain paper in the front tray, and press the OK button.

The authentication URL is printed.

Nevermind, Arthur. You keep recommending things that I have specificall stated in my OP that the printer does not do.

Announcements