cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX495 Printing Blank Pages

pulsence
Apprentice

I have a MX 495 printer. Recently, the printer has stopped printing black. So for example, if I print a page in gray scale or a page or black text, nothing is printed.

Things attempted:

I have tried cleaning and deep cleaning the printer heads.

I have removed the printer cartriges and cleaned them with a little rubbing alcohol.

I have replaced the black cartige, which worked for a period and then stopped.

The color prints, but the black will not. My catriges are third party. The printer registers that there is still at least a third left in the black cartrige.

Any advice on how to proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Having talked to technical support, the only solution to my printing issue is to exchange the printer through the warranty exchange program.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, pulsence!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

If my printer was an MX492 (which appears to be the US version of the European MX495), what would you advice for me to do?

Hi pulsence,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for all you responces. I'm sorry for not responding earlier, I was away from my computer this weekend.

Your response doesn't answer my question, in so far as, it doesn't solve my problem. I will contact the support link and then report what they say. That way other people can see what the solution is.

Having talked to technical support, the only solution to my printing issue is to exchange the printer through the warranty exchange program.

Announcements