cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 not found when installing Canon drivers, but is found with Windows add printer

dmcdivitt
Apprentice

Windows 10, latest version

Canon MX492

The printer is connected via wifi and set up through through the menu on the printer.

When I install "MX490 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)" win-mx490-1_1-ucd.exe, no printer is found and nothing prints. If I uninstall all Canon software and use the "add printer" feature when viewing printers in Windows, it discovers the printer, adds it, and the printer prints fine. But this does not allow me to scan documents. If I install the Canon software package, the printer deletes and again, no printer is found. Please assist.

1 REPLY 1

dmcdivitt
Apprentice

I resolved this issue by uninstalling all Canon software and leaving it uninstalled. The printer adds easily with Windows 10 default functionality. The "Windows Fax and Scan" provided as part of Windows 10 works well for scanning documents by platen, feeder, and various resolutions and paper sizes. I used Canon printers and scanners a number of years preferring them to HP, and am somewhat miffed why I could find no support from them on this issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements