05-01-2020 12:49 PM
My MX492 printer is connected to the same WiFi network my laptop is on. My laptop picks up the connection when searching for a printer and shows connected. Everytime I try to print, I get an error message. There is no error number or any information, it just says "Error Printing on Canon..."
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and software multiple times and have reset the printer. I am at a complete loss at this point, because I can't seem to even pinpoint the problem?
Anyone had this happen or can help? Thank you!!!!!
05-11-2020 03:07 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MX490 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX490's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon MX490 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mx490-1_02-ea33_3.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.