cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 error code-Install cartridge properly.

bobzoila
Apprentice

My mx492 I just bought yesterday has error message-Install he cartrigges properly. I reinstelled them twice. No gelp.  Get same  response.

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi bobzoila,

The first time installing ink is the hardest.  Errors can occur if the protective material is not fully removed, or if it is not quite snapped into place.  Full instructions can be found HERE.

If that does nopt resolve the issue, please reply with any error or support code that appears on the printer screen.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did it all correctly to install new cartridges, just as I did the original ones that came with the machine, but continue to get message: "Install the ink cartridges properly". No way to continue, no other button works until the error light goes off, and it won't go off. Message simply repeats and repeats.

Sus2924
Apprentice
I'm having this same issue, cartridges are installed properly, but I keep getting a 5100 error code. Brand new mx492 printer, I've read all the instructions and the cartridges beeped when I put them in.
Announcements