cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 error 4294967249.

munchichic
Contributor

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

I contacted Customer Support. I am using a MacBookPro Catalina v. 10.15 and just updated my Mac OS. I was told that Canon does not have the software to support Catalina at this time, and to use Apple Image Software. Apple Support told me to add the same Canon printer to my list of printers. I chose Bonjour Multifunction as Kind and Airprint as Use and get this error. There is no other support available anywhere on the web or with Apple to resolve this issue. So for now, I have a non-working Canon MX492 and am awaiting a software update.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Elizabethsandra. You should see a red box-shaped button labeled "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION," including this one. You'll see it in the lower right of each individual post, beneath the REPLY and QUICK REPLY buttons.

We hope this helps you out!

All I see is "Kudos," "Reply," and "Quick Reply." I do not see a "Accept as Solution" button.

munchichic
Contributor
Good question! Still waiting, myself. Come on, Canon!!

munchichic
Contributor

Supposedly they updated the software on Nov. 1st. The correct link is https://in.canon/en/support/0200482010 but it doesn't resolve issue.

FreddyM
Apprentice

Same here but with the TS5050. This is really frustrating! Pretty much brand new printer, out of the 4 times I'm tried to used, 3 failed and I had to pay money to go print or scan elsewhere! Not impressed and thinking of returning it!

munchichic
Contributor
I totally understand FreddyM! Mine is completely useless and just taking up space at this point. Nothing has worked for my MX492 and I don’t have time to sit on hold with tech support, only to waste more time going over typical steps I’ve already tried multiple times. 😞 This is happening to a lot of people, Canon. This isn’t “user error”. Very disappointed.

4 months later and I STILL cannot scan from my printer!! Smiley Mad  I now get this new error message. Now what is going wrong? Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 1.36.30 PM.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements