cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 error 4294967249.

munchichic
Contributor

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

I contacted Customer Support. I am using a MacBookPro Catalina v. 10.15 and just updated my Mac OS. I was told that Canon does not have the software to support Catalina at this time, and to use Apple Image Software. Apple Support told me to add the same Canon printer to my list of printers. I chose Bonjour Multifunction as Kind and Airprint as Use and get this error. There is no other support available anywhere on the web or with Apple to resolve this issue. So for now, I have a non-working Canon MX492 and am awaiting a software update.

16 REPLIES 16

elizabethsandra
Apprentice

I have similar issue. Hope Apple fix this issue asap.

Consider this post a "Me, three."  I'm ready to buy a printer from a different brand.  How long are we expected to wait?

Hi elizabethsandra,

To scan using your PIXMA MX492 with your Mac using macOS v10.15, please download the latest driver and IJ Scan Utility.

They are available from our web site:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

The printer driver and scanner driver are available on the Drivers tab and the IJ Scan Utility is available on the Software tab.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

To be honest, I have a TS6020.  But with google, this is the page I found the same error message.  I finally found the drivers and the software (previously I tried downloading software 3 times w/o success).  Well this time I downloaded and installed the two drivers and upgraded from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 and I still get the same error code.  Grrrr

baamende,

Make sure that the following files have been installed for your TS6020:

CUPS Printer Driver [mcpd-mac-ts6000-21_10_0_0-ea21_3.dmg]
ICA Driver [misd-mac-ijscanner16f-4_3_4-ea21_3.dmg]
IJ Scan Utility [misu-mac-2_3_6-ea21_3.dmg]

You can download these files for the TS6020 at the following link:

PIXMA TS6020 Drivers & Downloads

Once this has been done, open the IJ Scan Utility program and try scanning again.  The software can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had to install them multiple times, but now it works; thank you.

I downloaded these drivers but I still cannot scan via the "Canon Quick Menu." I am able to scan via Photoshop, but not via the Canon Quick Menu. I still get this same error when attemtping to scan via the Canon Quick Menu.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

Thank you, Patrick. This solves my problem. I now can use the printer again.

I can't find "Accept as Solution" button.
Announcements