12-30-2018 11:15 PM
We are using a MX492 and for printing on the local home WiFi network it works fine. The PC on the network sees it and prints documents. For scanning we are NOT able to use the IJ Scan Utility because the IJ Scan Utility gives us an error that there is a connection problem - no USB connections. We are able to scan with the MX492 using the Windows 10 Scan function. The scanner will correctly scan and save the PDF to the PC Pictures folder thus we know that the PC "sees" the scanner and can use it. We need advice on how to use the IJ Scan Utility for scanning. Thank you.
12-31-2018 02:32 PM
When you open IJ Scan Utility, is the printer listed as MX490 series or MX490 series Network?
If the printer is listed as MX490 series, please click on the name and a drop-down menu will appear. In that drop down menu, please select MX490 series network and then try to scan again.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
12-31-2018 06:13 PM
Many thanks for the response. In the drop down, we have only one choice MX490 Series. MX490 Series Network is NOT listed. How do we add that option in the drop down menu? Is there another driver that we need? If yes, please provide URL.
01-02-2019 08:36 AM
Uninstalling then re-installing the drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool should resolve the issue.
Please use the following steps to uninstall MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool:
1. Hold down the Windows button + letter R on your keyboard to display the RUN dialog box.
2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
3. Select Canon MX490 series MP Drivers then click Uninstall.
4. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
The deletion of the MP Drivers is complete.
5. Select Canon IJ Network Tool then click Uninstall. If not listed, continue to step 8.
6. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
7. Restart the computer.
8. Click HERE to begin downloading the latest version of MX490 series MP Drivers from our website onto your computer.
9. Once the driver is installed, attempt to scan using the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
Does this help resolve the issue described? If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.