cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 Ink Level Reset - How to?

JFILIPOVIC
Contributor

I am unable to reset the Black Ink Level.  None of my printing is working.

The popup when I print mentions going to the Cartridge Settings on the Maintenance tab, but there is no Cartridge Settings option there.

I've also tried to hold the STOP button (as suggested in other forum posts) but the error will not go away.

Test pages print fine and there is a lot of Black ink left.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, JFILIPOVIC,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives at this point. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI             

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JFILIPOVIC
Contributor
Bueller ... Bueller ...

James_C

Hi JFILIPOVIC,

What operating system are you running?  What is the ink status? You can you check the ink status of your printer using the below steps?

You can confirm the status of each ink tank on the printer status monitor (Windows).

Check if any symbol appears on the screen.

Ink with (Ink low) is running low.

You can continue printing for a while, but we recommend you to have a new ink tank available. Ink with  (Ink low) is running low. You can continue printing for a while, but we recommend you to have a new ink tank available.

Note: An error message may appear while printing. Confirm the message and take an appropriate action.

Follow the procedure below to open each of the confirmation screens.

1. Open the Properties / Preferences window for the printer.
  2. Click 'View Printer Status' on the Maintenance screen. To confirm the ink tank information, click the Ink Details menu.

Note: You can also display the printer status monitor by clicking Canon XXX (where "XXX" is your printer's name) which appears on the taskbar during printing.  Here is an example of the printer status monitor.

Properties / Preferences:

For Windows 10

1. Click your right mouse button on the Start button.  Click on 'Control Panel'.  If the Control Panel is showing large or small icons, click on 'Devices and Printers'.  If the Control Panel is showing categories, click 'View devices and printers' under 'Hardware and Sound'.

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences' from the menu that appears.

For Windows 8 / 8.1

1. Hold the Windows  key and type X.  Click on 'Control Panel'.  If the Control Panel is showing large or small icons, click on 'Devices and Printers'.  If the Control Panel is showing categories, click 'View devices and printers' under 'Hardware and Sound'.

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences' from the menu that appears.

For Windows 7

1. Click the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and then click on 'Devices and Printers'.

For Windows Vista -

1. Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel', 'Hardware and Sound', and then click on 'Printers'.

Note: If you are in 'Classic' view, Click 'Printers' directly from the 'Control Panel'.

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences...' from the menu that appears.

For Windows XP Home Edition -

1. Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences...' from the menu that appears

For Windows XP Professional Edition -

1. Click 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Printers and Faxes.'

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences...' from the menu that appears.

For Windows 2000/ Me/98 (if applicable) -

1. Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Settings,' then 'Printers.'

2. Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Properties' from the menu that appears.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

Now how do I get past this screen and have my document print?

Hi JFILIPOVIC,

The printer will automatically detect the ink levels; there is not a way to manually adjust the ink levels of the printer.  You can try removing and reseating the ink cartridges in the unit to see if this will help.  Should the issue continue, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

I understand you can't adjust the level the printer THINKS is in the cartridge, but why does that STOP me from printing REGARDLESS.

How do I IGNORE this popup and print regardless of what the ink level is?

Well this is weird.

I can't get past this screen in WIndows 7 but I can in Windows 10.

Hi, JFILIPOVIC,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives at this point. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

Announcements