cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 - Blurry Print and Text , Even After Auto and Manual Print Head Alignment.

HyeVltg3
Apprentice

I really thought I found a solution after finding out that I could do a Manual Print Head Alingment.

Alas, no.

I've done about 3 auto PHAs, the one where you Print and then take the page to the scanner and hit Start.

Still my output is blurry, I admit that after the Manual Alingment the blurryness got a tad bit clearer (ex: Pre-Manual Print Head Alignment, I printed a sheet with numbers, the at about font size 10-12 but the text and numbers appear to be quadrupled. Post-PHA, now the numbers look like they are down to 2-3 afterimages. minor improvement)

I need to print some important docs and this issue is really making me want to file for RMA.

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi HyeVltg3,

Many print quality issues can be resolved by cleaning the encoder (timing) strip.  I have included full instructions for cleaning the encoder HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I cannot believe that was it.
Can't think of any time I even opened that and when I did just now there was an actual smudge on it like a bug exploded on it or something clear landed directly in there.
Cleaned with alcohol as I work with PCs alot (cleaning) and bam, Clear Prints right after.
Thank you a lot. Back in business!
Announcements