cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 Error Code 1485 "Unsupported Ink Cart"

justprintdangit
Apprentice

I've had this printer several years so maybe it's just time for a new printer. We ran out of Black ink, so I went to the store and bought the same exact cartridge, Canon brand and everything. When I replaced it, I got the following error message:

"Unsupported Ink Cart 1485 Col"

I am assuming that this means it isn't reading the Color cartridge properly? The color cartridge isn't Canon brand, but it's been working since forever, and we never print color so we haven't had to worry about it.

There is a software update, but when I try to apply it, it gives me an error that says the printer is busy. I actually can't do anything with the printer (clean or align heads) because apparently this cartridge issue trumps everything else. The whole Remote UI tells me the printer is busy.

I've tried a hard reset, too and it gives me the error message as soon as it boots back up. Can I bypass this? Are there any other solutions out there other than going and buying a Color cartridge?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi justprintdangit,

The only recommended option is to replace the color ink cartridge with a new, geunine Canon ink cartridge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements