cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX452 Scanning/Copying Problem (WIDE Dark Line, Not Using Document Feeder)

ftdnj65
Apprentice

I'm looking for some suggestions or assistance with a problem that I have recently started experiencing with my MX452 printer.

This was a sudden onset, and it only occurs when I am scanning or copying documents (I generally only place my originals on the glass by hand... rarely, if ever, do I use the ADF, but that also produces a similar result). The printed documents have a WIDE dark line. I don't see anything that might be blocking the scanning element under the glass (this is the moving part that looks like a row of LEDs, and they appear to be lit all the way across while scanning... and I do keep the lid down). When I send something to the printer from my computer, I don't have the same problem... those printouts come out fine. The attached photo demonstrates the result when I scan a blank white sheet of paper (if there is anything printed on the original, I can faintly see the obscured text where it would appear on the printed output). What seems odd is that this black area appears to take up what looks like exactly half of the sheet. I'm not suspecting the common problem of lines that can occur when there is dirt or dust on the slit glass, etc. (plus I am not using the document feeder when this occurs). It literally started happening out of the blue. Outside of restarting the printer several times and cleaning everything on my side of the glass, I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what to do. Has anyone ever encountered a similar issue, and/or know of any way that it might be corrected?

canon.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ftdnj65,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear that your PIXMA MX452 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements