cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX452 Problem

kent4925
Apprentice

I am suddenly getting an error message from my printer when I try to print a page but I am not getting an error code.  The printer seems to be OK but I cannot print a document from my laptop.  I have tried new cartridges, cleaning maintenance and I can print a test page but it just won't print from my laptop.  Is there a way to test my wireless connection to see if my laptop is still talking to the printer properly?  I have never seen this condition before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi kent4925,

With the information provided it appears the printer needs to be connected to the new network. The following steps will assist you:

Note: To complete this task the network name and password (passphrase/network key) will be needed.

1. Press the SETUP button.
  2. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
  3. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  4. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to WIRELESS LAN SETUP, press OK.
  5. If the message, “Press the WPS button about 5 sec. and press [OK] of the device.” appears on the screen, press and release the STOP button.
  6. Press OK for STANDARD SETUP.
  7. The printer will search for your network.
  8. Use the LEFT or RIGHT arrow to locate your network name.
  9. Once your network name is displayed on the screen, press OK twice.
  10. If there is a passphrase (password/network key) on the wireless network, ENTER PASSPHRASE will appear on the screen, you will be prompted to enter it into the printer. To do this, use the numeric keypad.
  11. Next, to Enter Passphrase, you will see (:a) this indicates the numeric keypad is set to enter lower-case letters.
    • The keypad transitions through lower-case letters, upper-case letters, numbers. The settings of the keypad will be displayed in the upper right corner of the display screen. By default the numeric keypad will be set to (:a).
    • To transition through these settings press the TONE/ASTERISK/STAR key. The transition will be as followed: lower-case letters (:a) | upper-case letters (:A) | numbers (:1).
    • If you need special characters, press the SYMBOL/POUND/HASHTAG key repeatedly. For example, press the SYMBOL/POUND/HASHTAG key 6 times will enter a ‘!’ exclamation point. Be cautious when searching for a special character the selection process is only in one direction.
    • To delete a character, press the LEFT or RIGHT arrow key to move the cursor under the character to be deleted. Then press the BACK button to delete the character.
  12. After the passphrase (password/network key) has been entered and appears correct in the display window, press OK.
  13. The printer will attempt to connect to the network.
  14. The message, “Connected Press [OK]” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  15. Press the COPY button.
  16. The printer is now connected to the network, please perform a test print.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kent4925
Apprentice

I think I have figured out what is wrong.  Comcast installed a new wi-fi router and in the process had to change the name of my personal network in the process.  If this is the case I need to know how to communicate with the printer to change the network name internal to the printer.  Can anyone help me with how to do that?  Thanks,

Hi kent4925,

With the information provided it appears the printer needs to be connected to the new network. The following steps will assist you:

Note: To complete this task the network name and password (passphrase/network key) will be needed.

1. Press the SETUP button.
  2. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
  3. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  4. Press the RIGHT arrow 1 time to WIRELESS LAN SETUP, press OK.
  5. If the message, “Press the WPS button about 5 sec. and press [OK] of the device.” appears on the screen, press and release the STOP button.
  6. Press OK for STANDARD SETUP.
  7. The printer will search for your network.
  8. Use the LEFT or RIGHT arrow to locate your network name.
  9. Once your network name is displayed on the screen, press OK twice.
  10. If there is a passphrase (password/network key) on the wireless network, ENTER PASSPHRASE will appear on the screen, you will be prompted to enter it into the printer. To do this, use the numeric keypad.
  11. Next, to Enter Passphrase, you will see (:a) this indicates the numeric keypad is set to enter lower-case letters.
    • The keypad transitions through lower-case letters, upper-case letters, numbers. The settings of the keypad will be displayed in the upper right corner of the display screen. By default the numeric keypad will be set to (:a).
    • To transition through these settings press the TONE/ASTERISK/STAR key. The transition will be as followed: lower-case letters (:a) | upper-case letters (:A) | numbers (:1).
    • If you need special characters, press the SYMBOL/POUND/HASHTAG key repeatedly. For example, press the SYMBOL/POUND/HASHTAG key 6 times will enter a ‘!’ exclamation point. Be cautious when searching for a special character the selection process is only in one direction.
    • To delete a character, press the LEFT or RIGHT arrow key to move the cursor under the character to be deleted. Then press the BACK button to delete the character.
  12. After the passphrase (password/network key) has been entered and appears correct in the display window, press OK.
  13. The printer will attempt to connect to the network.
  14. The message, “Connected Press [OK]” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  15. Press the COPY button.
  16. The printer is now connected to the network, please perform a test print.

Thank you.  My printer is working properly now.

alex5129
Apprentice

I am having a problem with the document scanner on the MX452, when I try to scan a document the paper jams in the feeder. I've cleaned the single roller as well as check for scraps of paper, and still the paper jams.

Problem Resolve and fixed. The problem was the left cover hinge, the left hinge houses a spring, the spring had broken through the bottom housing, thereby causing the lid to be off-canter. After not being able to order a new hinge, I made some modifications, and reinstalled the hinge. Time to start looking for a new printer.

Announcements