Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

MX452 Print A Sample Patterns Page

I installed a new color ink cartridge last night and the colors are faded and blue.  I've checked the manual and tried to follow the steps to print a Sample Patterns page so that I can adjust the colors, but it backs you out of everything you do and simply says to "Execute print."

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MX450%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_contrast02.html 

Stupid question maybe, but how do I execute the print?!  There's no print button in those menus.  I've tried applying it and clicking OK, as they say, but if I try to print something of mine, it completely ignores those manual settings.  I'm so confused and frustrated.  Trying to look for a YT video demonstrating this, and couldn't find a single one that isn't using PSP software to do it. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MX452 Print A Sample Patterns Page

Greetings,

Please review this KB article ensuring you have followed all steps for cartridge replacement correctly. 

MX452 <<< Click

It also includes instructions for printing a nozzle check pattern from the Printer's Control Panel.

This will bypass the printer driver.

Does the output look correct?

Accurate colors

No missing, broken, or mis-aligned lines

No banding

Text is sharp and crisp   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100