cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX432 Scanning Issue

davenplr
Apprentice

I am having scanning problems with my printer. I am connected via wireless and printing is functioning; however, the scan feature is not. I downloaded the Naviagator thru the website and still a "no-go." Am I missing a step here -- Please help!? I am on a Mac iOS 10.7.5. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Davenplr,

Please try the following to get the unit to scan wirelessly:

1. Start MP Navigator EX.

2. Click Preferences.

3. For network connection, select (model name) series (Network: XXXXXXXXXXXX) for Product Name.

(Where XXXXXXXXXXXX is the MAC address.)

Note
    • For USB connection, select (model name) series for Product Name.

4. Click OK.

The Preferences dialog box closes. You can now scan via a network connection.

Go to the Main Menu to check whether network scanning is enabled.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Technical Geniuses,

I've got a Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I've been trying to scan a document using my Pixma MX432. Everytime I push the scan button and then push the "black" button to make it send to my computer, it says "PC not connected". I can print wirelessly (i want to scan wirelessly as well), have looked in "Network" (in System Preferences), see that it is idle/ready so I know that it's not a connection error. Any words of wisdom to help a poor soul in need of technical support?

Thanks a lot!

Hi ThatOneGuy,

There are a couple of settings we need to check and double check when scanning from the operation panel does not work.  I highly recommend viewing the following article from our Knowledge Base on configuring those settings: Network Scan Settings - Mac.  

Additionally, we have an excellent article on performing the scan from your operation panel once everything is properly setup: How to Scan using the Machine's Operation Panel - Mac.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact one of our "Technical Geniuses"!  We are happy to help you with additional troubleshooting!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements