cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX420 Scanner works for original computer but not for others on same network

bswinca
Apprentice

I installed MX420 software on desktop hardwired to printer. Switched printer from hardwireed to network standalone. Worked fine and have been using printer from laptop, however, can't initiate scanner from laptop and software (from disk) will not install saying driver already installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry. I use Windows 10. I can "print" from any program. I cannot scan and when I tried installing the Canon software on this computer it aborted saying I already had the drivers. The Canon solutions screen shows printer but no scanner! I can scan from the original desktop that I installed on but not my wireless laptop where I installed printer using the instructions in the wireless guide.

I suspect that all I have to do is uninstall the printer driver from my laptop and reinstall the Canon software but before I do that, I wanted to  make sure that this is the appropriate action.

Deleting drivers and using installtion disk was successful in solving issue!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi bswinca! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS X 10.) and what program you are printing from. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Sorry. I use Windows 10. I can "print" from any program. I cannot scan and when I tried installing the Canon software on this computer it aborted saying I already had the drivers. The Canon solutions screen shows printer but no scanner! I can scan from the original desktop that I installed on but not my wireless laptop where I installed printer using the instructions in the wireless guide.

I suspect that all I have to do is uninstall the printer driver from my laptop and reinstall the Canon software but before I do that, I wanted to  make sure that this is the appropriate action.

Deleting drivers and using installtion disk was successful in solving issue!

Hello.

Make sure that the latest MP Drivers and MP Navigator are installed on each computer.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest versions for your MX420.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements