cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX410 won't scan after installing Windows 10

Barbra
Apprentice

My printer is printing just fine after installing Windows 10, but when I try to use the MP Navigator I get the following error message:

Cannot scan for these reasons

-Scanner is turned off.

-USB Cable is disconnected

Please check and try again.

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code:5,156,61

I installed the new driver and new version of MP Navigator from the website, restarted my computer, and it is still not working. Please help!

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try uninstalling both the MP Drivers and the MP Navigator.  Then restart your computer before reinstalling these items with the latest downloads on our website.  Ensure that you are using the administrator account on your computer to install these items and access the scanner.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have this problem and have tried a complete uninstallation as recommended. It has not made any difference

I have the same problem.  Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating drivers, etc.  Nothing works.

Later addition.  I have discovered that the scanner is working fine using different software. I tried ArcSoft PhotoStudio using "acquire" on the file menu and it worked just fine, both platen and ADF. 

I seems that it is just the MP Navigator software that isn't working which is too bad because I really like the ScanGear driver.

I had the same issue printing wireless worked but not autoscan. I can't rember the exact steps in the repair tool but here is the jest of it, I connected the printer with USB and started Canon Solution Menu, clicked Help and Settings,Diagnose & Repair, when this ran it said the driver was missing, selected the repair option and now the autoscan works with USB and wireless.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the errors persist after the drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having exactly the same problem and Ive tried all the uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also tried email questions and got no solution and not even acknowledgement that it is a known problem. 

Do I actually have to buy a new scanner?

Announcements