cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX410 won't scan. Period.

DTeedClerk
Apprentice

My MX410 only features a "Please wait a while" message when attempting to scan. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still nothing.

I've tried to contact Support, but the automated system does not recognize the phone number associated with the My Canon account...even though I have entered it correctly and have successfully registered the product.

I am currently using this on Windows 10 Home. Any information regarding how to fix this or a different way to contact someone from support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DTeedClerk,

Please contact the Canon Support Group at  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. You will want to speak to a live person and let them know that your number is not recognized even though you have a Canon account. This way, they will be able to troubleshoot your printer and why the phone number is not detected.

I've called the number numerous times, and when I spoke to a live person, they directed me to the automated service that doesn't recognize the account's phone number...what is the best method to reaching a live person on the phone?

Hi DTeedClerk,

I double checked and the MX410 is  considered out of service and support life, and Agent-assisted support is no longer available for your product. So even if you did speak with someone, they would not be able to provide support on your printer.

Are you scanning directly from the printer or using MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.1.4? Is the printer connected wirelessly or with a usb cord?

I will be able to narrow down the issues once I have that information.

I look forward to your reply.

Announcements