cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX310: How scan multiple documents into single pdf?

dbmiller01
Apprentice

Is MP Navigator EX software the only way to scan multiple documents into a single pdf? I have installed it, however I get the following error message when trying to open it: "The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed. Install it and then retry." However, there is no scanner driver listed on Canon's website.

Is there a different version of MP Navigator EX that I should install?

Is there other software that will allow multiple documents to be scanned into a single pdf? 

I'm running Windows 7 Professional

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi dbmiller01,

MP Navigator is the only program that comes with the printer that can scan multiple documents into a single PDF file.  Since you are receiving a message that the scanner driver is not installed, we can reinstall the latest drivers and version of MP Navigator from the Canon USA website to try and get the program working again on your computer.  When reinstalling the drivers, please ensure that any antivirus for firewall software that is on your computer is temporarily disabled.  Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MX310. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS" section and click the MP drivers file. The MP drivers file contains both the printer and scanner drivers.  When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the MP drivers file, please follow the steps above to also download the MP Navigator program from the Software section. Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on them to install them on your computer.  Please install the MP drivers first.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements