01-25-2017 01:33 AM
To try and resolve the issue, please restart your computer, then ensure that the WIA service is running by following these steps:
1. Right-click over your WINDOWS button, then select COMPUTER MANAGEMENT.
2. In the left-hand pane of the window that opens, please click on the > arrow next to SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS. When you do, the arrow will change to a down arrow, and other options will be displayed.
3. Click on SERVICES, then in the right-pane of the window, please scroll down in the list until you locate WINDOWS IMAGE ACQUISITION, then double-click on it.
4. In the STARTUP TYPE field, select AUTOMATIC.
5. In the SERVICE STATUS field, please click the START button.
6. Click the APPLY button at the bottom of the window to apply the changes, then the OK button to close out of the window.
7. Please close out of the Computer Management window.
Please attempt to scan again. Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.
02-01-2017 06:04 PM
I followed the steps described until I got to #5. The START button was grayed out so I assumed it was already started and didn't go further. However, when I attempted to scan again the problem resolved on its own. Occasionally, the problem reappears and when I go back later it is gone. I'm not a computer guru, but I'm not illiterate either. I am wondering if, when the problem is seen, the computer was not completed booted up and that generated the error and when I went back it did finish booting so there was no problem. I don't know....