cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 922 Ink Error Codes

motownrocker
Apprentice

Magenta showed empty so replaced it (with Canon OEM).  Then I got error code (1681) alleging more than 1 of the highlighted ink color installed (not true as I verified I had one of each installed).  I turned off the machine, restarted and then got a new error code (1413) "the following ink tank cannot be recognized" referring to the large black cartridge.  I installed a new one (again an OEM Canon), then restarted again.  Now it's code 1410, alleging my (OEM) Magenta cartridge cannot be recognized.  Obviously this "musical chairs" situation with cartridge error codes is not due to the cartridges themselves.  Is there a way to reset the entire machine to factory settings and hopefully clear out this inconsistency?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi motownrocker,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did that.  They offered to send me a "replacement" but a far inferior model, as this defective 922 series is no longer produced (for good reason, I am sure, based on the number of issues owners have had). 

This will be my last Canon purchase..........

I have the same problem

Does the rest of your cartridges light up after inserted?  Usually a bad cartridge's light will blink red instead of being constant.

I ended up buying a new (yellow) OEM cartridge and everything works fine now.  Weird, because the faulty other yellow cartridge was full (and an original Canon).  Maybe a contact was broken on it or something.

Announcements