cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 920 Printer Not Responding - One Solution That Worked For Me

yanmig
Apprentice

I phoned Canon customer support and they walked me through fixing my problem.  We use wireless LAN at the house.

Background:

I have a mac, my wife an iPad.  We would be able to print a document, then after aprx 10 minutes I'd have to enter our router password again.  Our home office was not so printer friendly.  Our printer was located in an adjacent room aprx 25ft away.

Solution to OUR Problem:

Well, I finally phoned Canon Customer service and she ran me through a function test that printed out a report to check the signal strength from our router to the printer.  Well, our signal strength was at 84%.  

Here is the process they walked me through in order to see my signal strength and confirm my settings.

Click "Menu" , then click "Set Up" (the tool icon), then click "Device Settings", then click "LAN Settings", then click "Confirm LAN settings", then click "Print LAN settings"...then click "Yes" to Print Network Configuration Page

On that page verify:

1. that you have a IPv6 IP Address & Default Gateway (dont ask me how or what that all means...she just advised me that I should make sure that there is one in there...if there was not one in there then there was something wrong with my router or my actual connection/password)..

2. Signal Strength

She advised that it should be as close to 100% as possible..  Again, ours was at 84% and she said, "yup, thats your problem"..

Solution Day 5

The printer has been working flawlessly.  I can print something out in the morning, go to the gym, come back an couple of hours later and I can print again...Before, I would have to re enter our router LAN password.

Hope this help some of you out...  

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements