cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX-920 I have a black line running down the scanned page from the ADF feeder.

pjames52
Apprentice

I have a black line down the scanned page from the ADF Feeder in my MX920. It prints fine from the platen. I've cleaned the ADF several times. On the white bar in the ADF feeder there is a blackening, which looks like either ink or like the plastic has come up and there is black underneath. In any event, not amount of cleaning or rubbing gets rid of it.

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi pjames52,

Since you have already cleaned the ADF rollers and are still seeing the black line, please open the printer cover to get to the platen glass.  With a moistened swab (moistened with either water or window cleaning solution), please clean the small strip of the glass that is off to the left hand side of the main scan area of the glass, as well as main scan area of the platen glass. Please attempt to make a copy again.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this problem too. However the line is not on the glass. It only happens through the feeder and when I am scanning to an image but looks fine when I scan to a PDF. 

BTW I am using a different printer it is the MF 882

Hello - I realize this is an older trail but I am having the same issue here.  Did you ever get this resolved and if so, how?

Thank you!

I followed the instructions above per Canon and found a smudge on the small glass strip on the left under the document feeder. This is where your documents are scanned from the ADF (as opposed to the large glass flatbed). All better now!

psbeee
Apprentice

Hi guysi know this is an old thread, but i had same fault start today. Guidance from the guy (sorry web page won't let me see the thread while adding a comment) that suggested cleaning the small glass strip left side of main galss scanning plate was spot on. Several good cleans with glass cleaner did the trick. So thank you very much, a fault i was unaware of, and also unaware of the small glass window for the ADF use. Thanks again, Paul

Folks - Yep!  Same problem, same fix!  Except I used a cotton swab, the type my wife uses to clean her face, and I used rubbing alcohol on the swab.  It was less messy than trying window cleaner.

By the way, this is the kind of super-easy fix that ought to appear in the problems-fixes section of the printer user documentation!

Thanks, Walt Culver

Announcements