cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 882 scanner not working on Mac OS Catalina (64 bit)

mx882pn
Apprentice

on Previous versions of Mac OS I was able to use the scanner from printers/scanners option in MacOS. Of course I was not able to use MP Navigator for a while now. But after upgrading to Mac OS Catalina, the scanner doesn't seem work. When I start Scanning a document, the 'overview scan' starts but quickly stops and I get an error message saying I am not connected to the network or the USB cable is not connected... 

I am connected to the network and so is the printer but somehow the scanner is not working. For now, I am scanning the documents and storing on a USB device attached to the printer. is there anyway to make this work from My Macbook? I downloaded atleast 6 different versions of scanner network selection tools and stuff but no luck !!!. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mx882pn,

The PIXMA MX882 is not supported with macOS v10.15. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't believe the MX882 has drivers for Catalina.

Have you tried removing the printer, uninstalling all of its software, then performing a fresh install with the new OS?

Try adding it manually as a IP based printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mx882pn,

The PIXMA MX882 is not supported with macOS v10.15. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Thanks for the offer. I need sometime to look at this. In the current circumstances, its not going to happen in next couple of weeks.

I got the MX882 printer to work with Catalina OS 10.15.5. I had to delete the existing CANON printer drivers from my OS (Library\Printers\CANON) and let the OS install all the necessary software when adding the Canon MX882 printer. After that I was able to print without any issue. Ofc, we cannot use the CANON utlities for managing the printer/scanner (IJ network stuff doesn't work).

Announcements