cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 420 solution menu

astencil
Apprentice

On my Acer Windows XP lalptop, the  menu displays:

Photo Print / Use Scanner / Canon Web Service / Help and Settings / Start Application / Online Shopping / Information

On my Dell Windows 8.1 laptop, the solutions menu   displays:Canon Web Service / Help and Settings /  Online Shopping / Information.

How to get full menu on my Windows 8.1 laptop?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Have you downloaded updated drivers to 8.1?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ramona
Authority

Hi astencil,

You will need to install the MP Navigator and Easy-PhotoPrint EX software for the printer to have all options displayed on the Solution Menu.  The latest versions of the software can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page of the PIXMA MX420.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click on the MP NAVIGATOR file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the MP Navigator program is downloaded, please follow the steps above to also download the Easy-PhotoPrint EX  file from the webpage.  

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements