cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP990 scanning unsupported in Windows 10

k64
Apprentice

My PIXMA MP990 was performing perfectly in Windows 7 but then my PC sufferred a fatal hardware error and had to be replaced by a new Windows 10 system.

All is well except the scanning facility of the PIXMA MP990 is not supported in Win10 and I still have hundreds of slides & negatives to scan.  Canon state "This product is not compatible with the operating system selected [Windows 10 64 bit] and no drivers will be made available."  There is a Win10 driver for the almost identical PIXMA MG8250, but that went out of production in 2013.

Is there any way I might be able to recover the scanning facility?

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For information regading compatibility or possible drivers, please contact our support group.  Please use the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MP990_Win10Fix
Apprentice

I have successfully set up 2 Windows 10 Home addition PCs with the MP990 drivers. It failed on me miserably and I seeked help on-line and found only that Win10 is not supported. Well, there was one suggestion that no one on-line was making and I was not willing to give up just because this MP990 Printer is not officially supported. USE THE PRINTER TO USB CABLE DURING THE INSTALLATION SETUP. I did this twice with complete success. Towards the end of the installation process while the MP990 Driver CD disk is still in the disk drive there will be an option to choose the USB Port or the Wireless Port if you have properly connected your MP990 Printer wirelessly. I can now print from both of my Windows 10 PCs and my MAC wirelessly. 

Cheers,

DR

FRM
Apprentice

I may have the same issue with the MP990.  I am able to print, but I am not able to scan.  Is there a solution to the problem?

JimmyJump
Apprentice

A bit late, maybe, but wanted to add my findings nevertheless.

Recently (like, a few hours ago) upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I had the same problem of the MP990's scanner not functioning, at least, that's what Windows 10 "told" me.  However, when using the scan option in my photo software (Corel/Ulead PhotoImpact X3/13) I was able to scan in Windows 10 without any problem at all...

So, maybe try that as well with whatever photo software you are using...

Interesting JimmyJump, when you go to scan does it go to the Canon ScanGear software, that you presumably already had installed?

Announcements