cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP970 Error U051

magawhoi
Apprentice

This U051 error suddenly popped up on my MP970. How can this be resolved? I've took out the printhead and placed it back in, but the same error keeps popping up. I only use genuine canon ink cartridges. Is there a way to clean the printhead properly? 

Thanks.

Will

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi magawhol,

Please click on the link below for steps on performing a print head alignment from the printer:

PIXMA MP970 Print Head Alignment

If you are unable to perform the aligment due to the error, or if the problem is not resolved by performing the alignment, the printer will require servicing; please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not helpful

comgoddess
Contributor

Head on over to the thread at http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/Call-to-Arms-for-the-dreaded-U052-Wrong-Printhead-E....

This appears to be a chronic issue with Canon printers and all the advice you will receive from Canon is to reset the print head which doesn't work in the majority of situations.

Canon has to be aware of this problem but, like GM, turns its back on their loyal customers and pretends it doesn't exist.

Announcements