cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP830 printhead error message

Maryruthmarks
Apprentice

After I put in a large black cartridge in my MP830 printer, it comes up with a message saying 

"The type of printhead is incorrect.  Install the correct print head"

I did nothing different except put in new black ink cartridge (small one) then needed the large one done and had to wait for a delivery from Staples for the larger cartridge.  So installed large black cartridge and error message as above.

I have removed the printhead and reinstalled it according to Karl1, product expert, have turned it on and off; repeated the printhead reinstall and same message as in paragraph 1.

New printheads are $249 which is ridiculous and all this seems to be a problem with others with this product.  

Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maryruthmarks
Apprentice

I saw that you replied but I cannot find your reply.  The only one is the reply that you gave to mags which was the same problem I had.

email me at (MOD NOTE: Email address removed per Forum Guidelines) with how to get to your reply and with a resolution to this seemingly common problem.  I need to print and will go buy another printer but not a Canon if you can't come up with a good solution.

Mary Ruth

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

poppabear
Apprentice

I had posted some time ago that I had corrected my problem by sequentally powering down and then repowering my printer and computer.  As it turned out the fix was temporary and the error message came back.  I finally corrected the problem by throwing the printer out and replacing it with a HP laser printer.  Not likely I will go back to Canon in the forseeable future. 

Announcements