cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP560 and My Image Garden

spudgirl
Apprentice

I tried using MP Navigator to scan an image today as I have done for many year, MP Navigator kept crashing. After looking online I downloaded My Image Garden but now the scanner is greyed out and I can't figure out why. I'm on a Mac running 10.14. Frustrated.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi spudgirl,

The MP560 is not compatible with the 10.14 operating system. While Canon has not made drivers for this model for your operating system, we can attempt to install the drivers for an older version of Mac to see if it will work on your computer.  Your unit is compatible with Mac OS X EL Capitan v10.11 and below.

To install the drivers and software, please perform the steps below. 

1.  Disconnect the printer from the computer. 

2.  Click HERE to go to the printer's Downloads page.

3.  Change the "Operating System" to "OS X EL Capitan v10.11". 

4.  Download and install the "MP560 series CUPS Printer Driver", "MP560 series Scanner Driver" and "ICA Driver". You will also want to click on the software tab to download MP Navigator.

You may also try a third-party driver interface called VueScan from Hamrick Software (https://www.hamrick.com/download.html).  When you go to their Downloads page, the page will automatically download a Free (limited) version.  Please keep in mind that VueScan is a third-party software, which Canon does not guarantee in any way.  Additionally, Canon will not be able to offer support for the scanner while being used with the VueScan software.

You are also  eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements