cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP560 and MacOS Sierra?

Legolas
Apprentice

I know it's a slim chance, but I'm hoping someone here can help...

I just upgraded my iMac from 10.11 El Capitan to 10.12 Sierra, and it now seems that my printer is no longer working as it should.

The printer is a Canon Pixma MP560. Canon's official line is that the printer is no longer supported from Sierra onwards.

It's such a shame as this is by far the best printer I've ever had and I really don't want to ditch it if I can help it.

Therefore my question is, is there any kind of workaround that I can buy/use to get my printer working again?

I notice that the driver in use is Apple's 16.10.0.0 driver. I've tried to install Canon's driver which they list as 11.7.1.0a on the off chance that it will work (even though Canon say it's not supported), and although it seems to install successfully, the printer still lists the 16.10.0.0 driver from Apple as the driver it's using - even after deleting and reloading the printer and restarting the machine.

Any thoughts or advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Queenpeafrog
Apprentice

Did you resolve this?

Yes and no. I found that if I set the print quality setting to HIGH QUALITY instead of STANDARD then everything prints OK, although I think it does use more ink. It's more of a workaround than a fix, but at least it means my old printer lives on... for now at least.

Announcements