cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP560- How long can the printer sit unused and other fun questions

DanaScully
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an MP560 and it has sat unused for about 2.5 years and the last 6 months or so before it sat, I was only down to the black ink so the colors have sat for about 3 years. Is my printer dead? I bought some ink, not Canon and now I am getting the B200 error code. I didn't want to buy $100 overpriced ink for a dead printer and now I can't get the error code off. I have cleaned the print heads a number of times, listened to how people said to clean them online and followed all the instructions and nothing has helped. Do I need to just go ahead and buy another printer?

Also, I really love my printer but I don't want to be forced to buy overpriced ink for $100 ever few months. Are there any really good, photo quality inkjet printers out there where I can use good quality but MUCH less expensive ink and I won't receive and error message? I do freelance graphic design and would like to print out things at home to see what they look like before sending them off to print. I'm not opposed to buying a laser but it just seems like they both have their areas of expertise so I still feel like I need an ink jet. What do y'all think? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi DanaScully,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MP560 is experiencing an internal error.  Because of this, your PIXMA MP560 would require service.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Everything I have seen online says that you get this error code when you put in ink that is not Canon. Also, I don't want to pay a lot of money for something that is 7 years old and didn't cost me very much to begin with. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements