cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP495 won't scan on Windows 10

KennyLee
Apprentice

I downloaded latest driver for the MP495 printer but still no printer menu or ability to scan or print for that matter. It is recognized on my wireless but no menu as I had before on Windows 8. This is a Dell touchscreen new laptop.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that the MP Navigator program has been installed on your computer.  This program will allow you to scan.

Visit the following link to download the latest version for your printer:

MP495 Drivers & Downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How to Scan a Document or Photo to a File with the Canon MP495 Printer

Without knowing whether or not I have the MP software and seeing other posts saying that with Windows 10 you can't scan to a file, I went into the Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers, double clicked on Canon MP495 series and then under Scanner Management, clicked on 'Scan Photos or Documents'. After placing the photo on the scanner/printer glass, I hit Scan. After it finished, I clicked 'Next' and then entered a name for the scanned photo. After clicking on Import, the scanned photo was saved to a directory (named similar to file name) and file name as follows:
Directory of c:\Users\Reese\Pictures\2018-12-20 PhotoScanTest

12/20/2018 09:01 PM 480,819 PhotoScanTest 001.jpg

I then had a JPG file that I could use to email, print or save for future access.

Announcements