cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP495 not detected with usb connection

Adri
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon Pixma MP495 printer and now I can't use it anymore. I used it since I've bought it with the USB connection but today I wanted to install it on my tablet using the Wifi connection. I searched on the internet and I've downloaded the drivers for Windows 8.1. The install worked properly and I was able to connect my printer using the Wifi. I used it to scan a few pages using MP Navigator but when I tried the "Scan button" it didn't worked, displaying the Error E-3-1. I searched in the instructions manual this error and found out it was because the printer wasn't connected, so I tried to connect it with the USB. I tried again the Scan button and it worked. Next I wanted to see if the Wifi connection was working or not so I unpluged the USB. After that the MP Navigator wasn't able to detect the printer anymore. I closed and re-opened the program but no effect. I tried then to connect again using the USB but the printer was still undetectable. I uninstalled the driver and installed it again but the installation didn't work because my printer couldn't be detected anymore. I tried to install it on a laptop and a computer but I had the same problem, my printer couldn't be detected. I used also some instructions given to a problem like mine trying to install the printer using the CD but no succes. Now my printer can't be used at all as a printer or scanner. What should I do? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

sky1eagle1
Apprentice

I'm literally having this EXACT same problem, right down to the last detail. Any chance you were able to figure this out? I know it's been 5 years and this is a long shot.... but I'm desperate.

Weirdly enough, I'm having the same problem too. It was working fine a few days ago, but now my Windows 10 laptop will not recognise the USB connection at all and keeps throwing up an E31 error no matter how I try to connect.

This has come at a really bad time for me workwise, and I really need the printer to work, but I can't find any way at all of communicating with it.

Hi sky1eagle1,

The first step would be to reinstall.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable and follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon MP495 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all MP495's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon MP495 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MP495 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mp68-win-mp495-1_03-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a new Win 10 computer with this problem and followed your instructions. It did not help and the computer still cannot detect the MP495 through a USB connection.

Hi reinhart,

With the printer on and USB cable connected, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type DEVMGMT.MSC and click OK

In Device Manager, please open the "Print queues" section.  Does the Canon MP495 appear?

Please open the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.  Does USB Printing Support or the Canon MP495 appear?

If it does not , please try connecting your PIXMA MP495 to your computer using a different USB port on your computer.  If that does not work, please try using a different USB 2.0 USB cable.

If the issue persists, please try using  your MP495 with a different computer to determine if it is the computer or your MP495.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements