cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP240 Printer

ArtP
Apprentice

My MP240 printer will only display and print color photos in B&W.  All other documents prints in color OK.  OS Windows 8.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi ArtP,

Since you are able to print documents in color successfully, you will want to ensure that there is not a setting in the program that you are printing the photos from that is set to print in black and white.  You will also want to ensure that the ink cartridge setting of the printer is set to print in both black and color.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. From the main Windows Start screen, click the magnifying glass at the top of the screen and type DEVICES AND PRINTERS.  When the option is displayed, please click on it.

2. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click over the icon for your printer and select the PRINTING PREFERENCES option.

3. Click on the MAINTENANCE tab at the top of the window, then click on the INK CARTRIDGE SETTINGS button. The Ink Cartridge Settings dialog box appears.

4. Select the BOTH BLACK AND COLOR cartridge setting, then press the OK button.

If you still experience the same issue after setting the items above, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The correct setting was already in place.  I even changed it to print "color only"; same result.  I will attempt the phone call or email as was suggested.  Thanks

The problem still exists, but since this is not my main printer, I can still use it to print color photos on another system with Windows Vista.  I communicated with Canon and Microsoft Techs.  Although I informed them that the printer works properly with Windows Vista, neither individual addressed that situation.  So I have concluded that this printer is too outdated for Windows 8.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements