cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator doesnt open

cancansaid
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have an MG2120. All of a sudden the printer works but not the MP Navigator portion. The version is 5.0.4

Please help. 

I did not want to uninstall the entire program due to fear of losing my documents. But whatever helps.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, cancansaid!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

macOS 10.14: Mojave

Hi, cancansaid!

Canon does not have updated drivers or a version of the MP Navigator scanning software for use with the PIXMA MG2120 that are compatible with the Mac OS mojave (10.14) operating system; the printer is not supported under that operating system. 

Although Canon does not have updated drivers or software ,you can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website HERE.

You will want to change the operating system listed from Mojave to High Sierra by clicking on where it says Mojave andletting the drop down menu open.

You will want to download and install the CUPS, Scanner and ICA Drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the MP Navigator program from the SOFTWARE section of the page.

You may want to consider the Canon Upgrade Program, which provides you the opportunity to upgrade to a new macOS v10.13 compatible unit via next-day delivery at a discounted price.  We also offer free ground shipping (if the order is completed by 13:30PM ET). 

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements