Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MP Navigator and High Sierra

Lucky for you, doesn't work with the MX 800 series

Problem appears global, I'm in Sydney

New Contributor

Just signed up on this board to give Major Kudos to studawg66 for sharing his solution for the MX series MFPs. My MX860 continues to be useful, no thanks to Canon.

I also want to suggest to all of Canon's alleged "Product Experts", that perhaps they would be more useful going back to selling burgers at McD's  I am utterly unimpressed with the complete lack of basic Customer Support skills displayed in this thread.

I also want to wish Canon Inc. a special place in Hell for abandoning it's users, all to save a few bucks. At this point, I would not accept one of their new MFPs if they PAID me to take one.  

This experience has cost Canon any future business with me, to include every single product they sell.  Accordingly, I will also be reconsidering my long-standing practice against using OE ink cartridges, because I don't want Canon to receive one single additional cent from me going forward.  I will also actively recommend AGAINST Canon products.

I do not take s--tty Customer Support ligthtly.

New Contributor

I own an MX410 and can't find a version of MP Navigator that works with High Sierra.  I purposely waited a long time to upgrade to High Sierra just so I wouldn't run in to compatibility issues.  If I don't find something that works, I will definitely be divorcing Canon for good. Holler if anyone found a solution.

New Contributor

ME TOO! Exact same problem. 

New Contributor

What Epson Printer did you buy that works great with the new High Sierra OS?

Thanks for your post!

jp9
New Contributor

Hi, ran into the same problem with my MX860 after I upgraded to High Sierra recently. I found the correct link to MP Navigator EX Ver. 3.1.5 (Mac) on this forum in a post from waltgoede on 1/5/18.

Here is the link: http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0200328215.html

I installed it and everything is back to normal. I'm on a MacMini late 2012 I7 quad core.  Hope it works for you!

New Contributor

My CanonScan 8800F has ceased working when I upgraded my iMac to MacOS High Sierra 10.13-6 .  

How do I get my scanner working again please?

New Contributor

I did as you suggested and have downloaded /installed the suggested files.

I have a CanonScan 8800F, which I have used continuously for years.

However, when I clicked on the MP Navigator Ex 1.0 icon - the message continues to come up immediately - that it has crashed unexpectedly.

The iMac was updated to Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

For this inexperienced user - what else can I do please?

New Contributor

After installing High Sierria on my Mac, my Canon 9000F scanner would not work.  Seems like Canan would have a fix for this by now?

New Contributor

Canon has a 'fix'...  Unfortunately, their 'fix' involves selling you a new printer.  And bless their stupid hearts, they actually thiink we'll buy another Canon after the way they've treated us.