cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

Hi Yatcia! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Crista,

As a moderator, does that mean you have contact with Canon Support at a reasonaby high level?

Why has Canon not weighed in on this matter with a definitve statement? As in:

Yes, we are working on this,

No, we have no intention of fixiing this,

Yes, we have been in touch wth Apple to find the code that is the responsible for undoing functionality of MP Navigator,

Yes, we understand that this is unnaceptable and we are working on a significant discount program to upgrade the offending printers, (not 15%, that really doesnt move the needle)

Something definitive here should be officially stated to either give hope to these Canon users and be helpful in the quest for a workaround, or just send us on our way to another manufacturer so that we can all move on.

Canon needs to exhibit some decency here.

Thank you

The post by Crista on Jan 15 is meaningless.

The support options offered by Crista are non-existent. The "friendly Technical Support Team" appear to have gone into hiding, as I have no reponse from my request for support 10 days ago.

Canon needs to be open and honest about this - if they can't fix the problem, then admit it.

You will probably not be happy with Canon support. If you read the 13+ pages of problems all caused by the new High Sierra and Canon not being willing to update its software for MP Navigator to work with High Sierra you may or may not be able to fix your problem. You didn't say what printer you have and what version of MP Nav you were using successfully before the upgrade to HS. That is extremely important for anyone trying to help you. Note the people answering you on this website are just other with similar problems. Rarely does anyone from Canon weigh in other than to tell you to buy a new printer or call support which from what I have seen is close to useless.  I suggest before going further you look to see if any of the posts in the 13 pages here address the fix to your particular printer.  Many of us have found that changing to MP Navigator 3.1.5 has worked but not for all Canon printers. Read my previous posts as well as others to find where to get this download and what to do with it.

doubleu
Apprentice

Prints ok

Scanner no good with any of the navigator ex versios - i tried them all!! high sierra

MP980

Waiting for updates and newdrivers i hope?????

Are you sure you deleted all the old versions before loading the new ones?  3.1.5 has seemed to work for a lot of people. It is still terrible that Canon doesn't solve this problem.

Hi all!

many thanks to all of you, especially to Bird6645! very useful!

I solve partially the problem deleting the previous version of Canon software and drivers than restarting MacBook couple of time!

After downloading the driver again, now I can use the printer/scanner again but only in with WiFi connection (no USB)...so it remains really difficult to print heavy file (for example photos) and for a printer that was chosen for the picture quality I think is unacceptable!

anyway, I think it will be the last Canon device in my experience.

Fabio

Mica
Apprentice

Hi, thanks to all the users (NOT CANON) for providing suggestions for getting my MX870 scanner working.

I tried the following:

1) System Preferences > Security > Firewall > add MP Navigator   -   DID NOT WORK

2) download the MP Navigator 5.0 from Canon Asia   -   DID NOT WORK

3) then I sent a stinky message to CANON    -    MP Navigator still not working but I felt a tad better (for about 5 minutes)

4) discovered suggestion to use Preview   -    THIS WORKS!!

5) after scanning with Preview, I opened the saved file with Adobe Acrobat Pro and I chose Organize Doc > Insert > from scanner    -   THIS ALSO WORKS!!!!!

So, not great but I got it figured out. Hope it helps.

strudler
Apprentice

I have had the same issue using an Lide 110 scanner. Nothing works!

It is a bit disconcerting that any poster on this board would just ket Canon off the hook, Capituating to buy a new one as a fix is essentially condoning the inaction of Canon. There is no feature for feature replacement for my MX882, so I'm stuck.

Downloading the Canon Quick Menu, as suggested many weeks ago by a poster, will get you by for some scanning, although it is buggy. The fact that it makes the Navigator EX work at all should tell you that a fix would be easy with the slightest effort by Canon/Apple. All they have to do is care.

To the "product experts" (Michael, Christy):

It is also extremely disconcerting that you both post non communicative messages that address zero concern whatsoever on Canon's part, any possible progress, or any insight as to whether or not Canon has abandoned this with finality. Posters deserve to know.

This lack of information or direction speaks very poorly on Canon's behalf. It is very plausible to arrive at the worst pssible conclusion regarding Canon's integrity. Any good tech expert knows that this incompatability can be fixed with a small effort.

Canon had the High Sierra seed 6 months before its release.

Canon: Contact Apple and get something done.  A 20% discount is insulting, it should be more like 50%. 

Announcements