cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

The MP970 should be similar to my MP990. I managed to get my MP990 fully functional with High Sierra.

I installed the MP Navigator 3.1.5 (showed up as "MP Navigator 3.1") and deleted the old 3.0 version in the program folder. Then I renamed the file "MP Navigator 3.1" to "MP Navigator 3.0". 

After that initiating the scan from the printer worked again as before.

@cebulonwrote:

The MP970 should be similar to my MP990. I managed to get my MP990 fully functional with High Sierra.

I installed the MP Navigator 3.1.5 (showed up as "MP Navigator 3.1") and deleted the old 3.0 version in the program folder. Then I renamed the file "MP Navigator 3.1" to "MP Navigator 3.0". 

After that initiating the scan from the printer worked again as before.

Brilliant solution - worked for my MP990!  (How did you ever figure that one out?)

@cebulon

worked for my MX870 too!

I am using the Canon Pixma MG6150. I can still print under High Sierra, but the scan utility does't fuction anymore.

Same problem here in Italy. My MG5350 worked well as long as I did the upgrade of the operative system. Now my mac cannot recognize the printer/scanner anymore.

Waiting for a real answer from your side.

Is unacceptable that a company like Canon cannot do anything for fixing the problem.

thanks

F

You'll wait a long time to get an answer from Canon on this forum.

You need to look at solutions offered in these posts by (among others) me on Page12 and "bj1340" on Page13. I think there may be an issue with the Bonjour device locator in MacOS. You could try deleting and reinstalling your printer/device with or without the Bonjour option.

I agree.  Makes it time to find a multi-functional printer that actually works with updated MAC OS.  Is this Canon's fault or Apple for not solving this issue?

My printer is a 3 in 1  MG6120.  It stopped working when I updated the iOS software.

If I click on the Navigator icon, it appears to begin to open then nothing.  Something tells me that an update to your software is needed.  Help.

My Canon printer/scanner is model MG5320

Can you direct me to the solution of this problem.   I am new to the community so perhaps I am missing something?

Announcements