cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

There is no solution.

Since OS (High) Sierra, there is no software like "MP navigator EX" supporting my Pixma MP640 available on your website.

If "My Image Garden" replaces "MP Navigator EX" I should be able to scan using this applicartion but I don't.

"My Image garden" is sloooow, even on my 2017-iMac. Probably because it's scanning my photolibrary. In fact this is not where I am waiting for. I need a fast application from within I can scan a pultiple PDF-document with the possibility of OCR.

For scanning Photo's I'm using Photoshop and the twain-module.

Dear Canon, The only help that I got from your staff is a 20% off for a new printer (available only on you e-commerce). No words. Do you really think we are stupids? Do we have to give you more money for changing our devices just because you decided that we don't deserve the right drivers? Guys let's find [Mod Note: Removed links per forum guidelines]. what can be our next printer! see you! F

I do not see the MP navigator EX software.  Is it available for download?

The MP Navigator software (at least on my MG6220 printer) is under the Software tab which is to the Right of the Drivers tab on the Drivers and Download page.  I spoke with Tech support today (only on hold about 10 mins) and the gentleman was very helpful--walked me thru deleting the old scanner files (anything with MP in it) from the Canon utility folder; reboot; download the current Scanner Driver (the ICA driver is optional--may be what makes it work in Preview) and install; Under System Preferences/Printers and Scanners; right click on the Canon printer and "reset printing system";  (I forget if I rebooted after that); then add the Canon printer back in again (I don't remember if I downloaded the current printer driver--don't think I did because the printer modality was working OK); then go to the Software tab to the right of the Drivers tab and download the "MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.0.4 (Mac)" software and install it.  I think re-booted again.  And opened the MP Navigator (and put the icon in the dock); and it worked!  I found the Canon tech support VERY helpful.  He did say it took them a while to get this glitch figured out after Apple changed the OS.

Best is to uninstall previous versions of an app (in this case MP Navigator x) with a tool as "appcleaner" (https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/). This way all items of an app wil be removed from your computer.

It would be nice your link took to me the updated version.  Just going to the Main page is useless. It is too hard to find what I need.

Hi Stephen, I understand there is no solution, which is just a disappointment in a whole series of disappointments with my Canon printer.  I'm switching back to HP, or maybe I'll check out Brother.  Love your cameras.  Too bad you don't apply the same quality of service to your printers.

Just re-installed MP Navigator EX without any success in opening it.

In addition to my last post, I negelcted to add that I spoke to both Customer Support and Customer Relations at Apple.

They knew nothing of this problem, it's way off their radar.

That should say a lot. This is most likely a done deal. Time to move on. 

SERIOUSLY CANNON!  YOU NEED TO STEP UP.  YOU HAVE A TON OF LOYAL CUSTOMER - BUT WON'T SOON

Announcements